Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Week 1: Narrative


I come from a small town located in the central coast of California called Santa Maria. As a kid I was always surrounded by art. As I grew up I enjoyed simple things like drawing, taking pictures, filming, and deejaying. I would go to the beach and lakes and take pictures. In high school during the rallies I would usually be the one taking pictures and filming as well as deejaying when I could. I would deejay house parties as well and I really enjoyed doing it. After high school I moved to Las Vegas and I would help my uncle set up the sound systems for events that he had going on. That's where I got my first experience as a professional. I would work with Mexican bandas, mariachis, norteño grupos, etc. I would also do some photography and filming whenever I can as well. I would set up and be in charge of setting up and breaking down at the end. Also I would be in charge of the board and making sure everything is working properly. Since I’ve attended The Art Institute of Las Vegas I have acquired the skills as an audio tech from mixing and editing to basic camera skills. Not only that but understand and know to trouble shoot equipment and is needed I’m able to fix it, basic electronic engineering skills. I’ve been offered gigs such as being a deejay at one of the clubs on the strip. Ive also been offered to film company events.

No comments:

Post a Comment